Your safety is our #1 priority
Legacy Hotel is continuing to monitor the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and we are mirroring our policies based on the recommendations by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as well as local Florida Health Department officials.
The health and safety of our visitors and team members is our highest priority and we have been adjusting our policies since late January regarding travel and safety precautions.
At this time, Legacy Hotel remains open to guests, and we are requiring those who stay with us fill out a travel and health questionnaire upon arrival. We are not currently allowing any travelers from highly impacted locations, but we also have the proper resources to direct someone if they need to contact a local health care provider. We are not allowing any guests on to the main IMG Academy Campus for the health and safety of those currently residing there.
We are extending special rates to first responders, traveling medical staff, and Florida residents at this time.
Reservations may be cancelled 48 hours prior to arrival with no penalty. Reservations cancelled after the 48 hour period will have a credit filed to be applied for future use. Guests who booked via online travel agents or other third-party travel professionals are advised to contact their booking provider for information on their policies.
Commitment to Cleanliness:
The health and wellness of our guests and community is our number one priority. We are utilizing hospital-grade products to ensure the safety of both our guests and associates, as well as the cleanliness of our property. On a daily basis, we are working to ensure to meet the latest guidance on hygiene and cleaning. Our hotels’ health and safety measures are designed to address a broad spectrum of viruses, including coronavirus, and include everything from handwashing hygiene and cleaning product specifications to guest room and common area cleaning procedures. Specific steps Legacy Hotel is taking include:
- Associate Health, Safety and Knowledge: Hotel associates – and their own health, safety and knowledge – are essential to an effective cleaning program. Here are some ways we’re supporting them:
- Hand Hygiene: Proper and frequent handwashing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. In our daily meetings, our teams are reminded that cleanliness starts with this simple act. It’s important for their health and that of our guests.
- Real Time Information: Legacy Hotel is on standby 24/7 to support our guests and associates and to coordinate with local and regional authorities as information progresses.
- Cleaning Products and Protocols: Our hotel uses cleaning products and protocols which are effective against viruses, including:
- Guest Rooms: Hotels use cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean rooms after guests depart and before the next guest arrives, with particular attention paid to high-touch items.
- Public Spaces: Hotels have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, with a focus on the counter at the front desk, elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, public bathrooms and even room keys.
- Back of House: In the spaces where associates work “behind the scenes,” hotels are increasing the frequency of cleaning and focusing on high-touch areas like associate entrances, kitchen areas, laundry rooms and staff offices.
The CDC recommends following the precautionary measures and guidelines below to help keep you healthy and prevent the spread of the virus:
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Use an alcohol-based sanitizer
- Keep away from others that are sick
- Clean and disinfect household objects and surfaces in your home
- Avoid travel to destinations where the outbreak is prevalent
For the most updated information, please refer to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or your local health authority.
March 18, 2020